Dr Thomas Lagö participates in many scientific organisations (or have participated). Below, the major ones are listed:
- BINDT: Dr Thomas Lagö has become a BINDT Fellow, (British Institute for Non-Destructive Testing)
- SAE: SAE (Society for Automotive Engineering, member of the NVC board since 14 years)
- ISCM: Thomas Lagö is the Industrial Chair for ISCM – The International Society for Condition Monitoring.
- IIAV: (International Institute for Acoustics and Vibration). Thomas Lagö has been a Director.
- AES: (Audio Engineering Society). See below text for more info.
- SEM-IMAC: (Society for Experimental Mechanics, International Modal Analysis Congress). Thomas Lagö has been in the Advisory Board for many years.
- ASA: Acoustical Society of America. Thomas Lagö has been involved as a Chairman at conferences.
- ICSV: ICSV (International Conference in Sound and Vibration), arranged by IIAV. Thomas Lagö has been involved in the Scientific Committee and Chairman for sessions during many years. For many years, he was also the Exhibition Manager.
- SVIB: (Scandinavian Vibration Society). Thomas Lagö has been involved in the board but also in working committees.
- SAS: (Swedish Acoustical Society). Lagö has been involved in the board but also in working committees.
- MFPT: (The Society for Machinery Failure Prevention Technology),”Pursuing prognostics and health management capabilities for military and commercial systems”.
- IOMAC: (International Operational Modal Analysis Conference). Thomas Lagö has been involved in the Scientific Committee for many years.
- Internoise: Thomas Lagö has been involved in the Scientific Committee and also been a Chairman at conferences.
- Adaptronic Congress: Advisory Board member for the Adaptronic Congress in Germany, multiple years.
- WCNDT: Session Chairman at the WCNDT2012 in Durban and a member of the International Scientific Committee, South Africa, April 2012 (World Conference on Non-Destructive Testing, 1500 attendees from 90 countries).
- Multiple other organisations like: International Symposium on Transport Noise, Session Chairman at ISMA in Leuven, Belgium, Session Organizer and Session Chairman at the GRACM Congress on Computational Mechanics arranged by the Greek Association of Computational Mechanics, Session Chairman at multiple Oceans Conferences.
AES (Audio Engineering Society) member and part of multiple standardization committees within AES:
- X215: Liaison group with SMPTE for Cinema B-chain.
- X216: Pink Noise Generators (PNG).
- X218: Calibration of sound systems in rooms.
- X219: Impulse Response and FRF.
- X168: Components.
Peer Review Work
Dr. Thomas Lagö was been a valued Peer Review editor for the following articles/reports (a selection only):
- International Journal of Acoustics and Vibration. Peer Review of paper #MOT-00/1, “Analysis of Active Noise Control Plants Using Process Identification Methodology.”
- Nordtest project nr 1004-91, “Stötexcitering”, Swedish National Testing and Research Institute, Borås, Sweden, 1993.
- Mehmet Imregun and Lennart Ågårdh, “Impact Excitation and Updating of the FE-Model of a concrete Highway Bridge,” SP TN 1993:66, Building Technology, Swedish National Testing and Research Institute, Bor s, 1993.
- Lennart Ågårdh, “Modelling Soft Impacts for Vibrational Excitation of Civil Engineering Structures”, Swedish National Testing and Research Institute, SP Report, 1993:50.
- Welaratna, “AAF Filter Selection,” Sound and Vibration Magazine, USA, April 2002.
- Contributing Editor for Sound and Vibration Magazine, USA, entered into the committee in 2002. Multiple peer reviews.
- More than 150 reviews for the SAE Noise & Vibration Conference during more than 14 years of service. The work is part of the duties in the General Committee for the SAE Noise and Vibration Conference.